Welcome to Collected Works, where I break down my goals and challenges for the week, whether writing related or just surviving the daily grind! It's also a great way for you to share your own goals on your blog through the linkup below. If you want to join me, just throw your link down below and be sure to visit another great post! This is an amazing way to get to know your community as well as establish some accountability and motivation!
Hi there everyone. This is my first Collected Works! This is a new community linkup, started by myself, Marisa Mohi, and Kathryn Trattner. As authors building our platform, this seemed like a great tool. Plus, I suck at the internet (as Kathryn will attest), so this helps narrow it down to a fine point! This is more of an introductory concept, so if there's anything you'd like to see, definitely let me know.
This Month's Works
- Flesh out my Professional Facebook Page - I've been sitting on this for a couple months now, but have not got around to putting all my posts on it, much less even publishing it. There's still a few things I need to do, but I've established several accounts on different social media outlets, so that'll help bring everything together.
- Hit 60,000 words on The Magician - Either that or finish the damn thing. This has been haunting me ever since the last week of November. I was unable to finish it during NaNoWriMo, but now I've just been sitting on the project, adding a sentence or two anytime I manage to force something out. With Sloan on the horizon, it's time to go big or go home.
- Prepare for the Next Kid - You're never prepared for a new child, but there's certain things that we haven't done yet. Graham is past the bottle stage, but we still have his stuff out. We'll need to take that down so that she will be taken care of. There's also little things like a cart to build, boxes to move out of the bedroom, and furniture to rearrange. Overall, there's far too much it seems.
- Come up with an alternative to Whimsy Wednesday - While I like Whimsy Wednesday as an outlet for short stories and flash fiction, unfortunately, it's harder and harder to find time to belt one of these out each week. I need to spend more time on my novels (see #2), so this might be something that's caught my eye, something fun, whether that's a video clip, a new show, or a thought process. It might just be a catchall. We'll have to see. If there's something you'd like to see, be sure to let me know. I'm looking for anything I can to expand this site.
- Start a Podcast - This is something I've wanted to do for awhile. I've got a couple buddies that might be up for doing this, though I'm not sure I'll be able to do it on a weekly basis with the new kiddo on the way. At this point, it'll just be me for sure, talking about whatever comes to mind. I have several movies I'd like to discuss (i.e. rant) about, but I'm not sure how maintainable that is. There's a lot of unknowns, though I do have the equipment already.